Jock itch can be an issue for men at any time of the year, but during the summer, a penal rash is even more likely to develop. Unfortunately, while summer is a great time to meet potential new partners, most romantic prospects are likely to be turned off by a guy who keeps scratching at his privates. As such, it's up to the summertime Casanova to battle that penis rash by taking sensible penis health steps.
The following tips can come in handy for helping to keep jock itch at bay.
– Get naked. Okay, most men have in mind getting naked with another person (or maybe a few persons), and that's fine. But the man who is attentive to his health also needs to spend some time alone in the buff. Basically, jock itch thrives in wet, hot conditions – which makes summer a prime time for a penal rash to develop. But "airing out" one's product helps to keep the area cooler and drier, which in turn discourges fungal growth in the area. So pull down the shades and pull off the clothes for a few hours a day.
– Shower after sweating. When possible, take a shower after working out at the gym, spending an hour on the basketball court, or going on that awesome bike ride. Sure, during the summer some days are so hot and muggy that a guy can not take a shower every time he gets sweaty – but dealing with "sweat removal" does help keep the skin clean and less likely to give in to rashes. At the very least, wash the penis and its surrounding areas whenever it gets filled with perspiration.
– Dry off. Guys today are often in a big hurry, and that can lead to cutting corners to save time. For example, many guys just give a quick toweling down after their shower. That's a no-no, because that lingering moisture can become an invitation to bacteria, fungi, etc. Make sure to do a thorough toweling off when the shower is done – especially around the penis.
– Change clothes. When a guy has been playing an epic game of football with his bros, the only sensible thing to do is go out and grab a beer, right? There's nothing wrong with that, but that one beer turns into several, and it's soon followed by everyone heading off to watch the big game on someone's HD plasma. Before anyone realizes it, four or five hours have gone by, and everyone is still in the same sweaty clothes they worn at the beginning of the day. It makes sense to spend two minutes getting out of those clothes and into fresh ones – or at the very least into a fresh, sweat-free pair of underpants.
– Choose the right clothes. Tight briefs are a classic, but they increase the heat quotient in the crotch. Boxers allow more breathing room. When it comes to pants, natural fabrics like cotton are cooler, and light colors are less heat-absorbent than dark.
Keeping jock itch or any other penis rash away requires that the member itself is in its best possible health, and that requires that a top flight penis health creme (health professionals recommend Man1 Man Oil) be applied on a daily basis. Like the rest of the body, the penis needs to get its vitamins, so select a crème that includes a wide range, including vitamins A, B5, C, D and E. Rashes can leave the skin feeling stressed, dry and raw, so It's crucial that the change crème includes ingredients that can address such issues. Hydrators like she butter can do the trick, and alpha lipoic acid is excellent at fighting the free radicals that can cause cellular damage and undesired thinning of penile skin.